Friday, January 14, 2011

December Of Support

I give the 2/1 guys full credit for mine and Ryan’s introduction to one another back at TEN so many months ago. Thus, I have become very close to them and when they recently deployed to Afghanistan I felt like I had a duty to make sure they would be taken care of. (at least for a few weeks anyway)

At the end of November I set out to organize a care package drive for them, when I brought the idea to the CEO of my company, Cell Business Equipment, I expected to be shot down as I have only ever seen straight business out of my boss. Surprisingly though, he was all about it and gave me complete control of putting the drive together and running it, he even donated some supplies and paid for the shipping costs to send all the packages overseas. 

The entire month of December was dedicated to spreading the word about the drive and gathering supplies from co-workers as well as customers. Our IT department sent an email flier to every address in our data base, I folded and stuffed at least 3,000 mailers and I emailed all the employees here weekly with updates and pictures of the guys in Afghanistan. Towards the last week of the drive a rep. from Maxim Magazine came to my office looking for me, they heard about the drive from one of our customers and wanted to help so they brought a small pallet of the January issue with Katy Perry on the cover for me to send along with the care packages.

Boy! Was I surprised my efforts really paid off and I cannot wait for the guys to get this stuff. In the closing of the drive we sent out 250 lbs stuffed in 21 large flat rate boxes to 11 guys in 6 locations. Did ya get all that? :) here are some pics.
 Thank you to the guys of 2/1, your courage will not go un-recognized. I can’t wait for you to come back so we can return to the beach just in time for summer!!! Burgers & Beers For All!

SA&LC,
Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment