Thursday, January 13, 2011

Posted by: Ryan Davis, c/o Krista Hoffmann

Blog Entry:  10 Jan 2011

The last few days have been a whirlwind of family time, work duties
and school preparation.  “School?” you ask, yes, ‘school’.  I am off
to a seven week military logistics school on the east coast and I am
realizing that this is the first, albeit not the last, time that I am
away from Krista and the pups due to training.  Krista has not the
experience of my absence due to my military duties and this trip is
poised to be a great learning experience.  We will stand the test and
find our strength in one another and in our faith.

I lay on the couch, a night or so past, with Krista napping next to me
and the puppies lounging on me.  The television was playing a movie in
the background and the lull of the conversations brought slumber with
each passing minute.  It was at this time that I felt safe and secure,
accepted and understood.  I smiled gently, closed my eyes and joined
the others in their rest.

So much in my life has changed, evolved, over the past … nearly a
year.  I found my emotional breaking point and fought back from it,
rising above to be healthier and stronger than ever.  I learned how to
change my life for good, where my energies need to be and what to
focus on.  I learned how easily some people can quit, and what that
says about subconscious dedications.  I have grown and matured in many
ways.  I have invested myself into my community, I have found a solid
church home and I have surrounded myself with good people.  I have
reconnected with family and old friends.  I have made new friends and
new family.  I have realigned my goals and set out upon the path.  I
am optimistic, upbeat and happy.  These are good times.

I cannot thank God more for His introduction of Krista into my life.
I have few ‘great friends’, Krista is the best.  I have never been so
understood and supported by anyone.  Even when times are hard and I am
performing horribly as a person, she is there to encourage me through
it.  I return the favor and share her difficult times with her.  I
encourage her and love her.  We balance each other well and expect
nothing more from the other than a whole-hearted 100%.  We are
brutally honest with each other, but delivery our ‘reality’ in the
most loving of ways.  We receive one another gladly and hold no
defensive positions.  It is a wonderful friendship to share and a
nurturing relationship to be a part of.

I know that my absence hurts her heart, as it does mine, but I know
that this is particularly rough on her.  I know that she is supporting
me, but gritting her teeth as she smiles, working to remind herself of
all the good that can come from this endeavor.  I know that she is
AWESOME.  I could not be more blessed.

Always Faithful, Always Forward.

SA&LC,
~Ryan
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment