Monday, February 14, 2011

Thoughts of Randomness

1.) If you are going to call and try to sales pitch me DO NOT stumble on your words, you sound like you don’t know what you’re talking about. I will say “not interested” and hang up. This applies to work phone and my cell.

2.) How would you feel if you left home for an "extended business trip," kissed your spouse and swaddled baby goodbye and when you returned home, X months later, your child was walking?

3.) You know that game we played when we were little where you twist the stem on an apple till it comes off while reciting the alphabet and whichever letter you land on is the first letter of the last name of the person you would marry? Well I landed on “D” and have been all smiles ever since…….. that happened 6 days ago... See :D

4.) 1 is the loneliest number?.... I think not! Try 2 + The Marine Corps. When I was single I never felt lonely or sad that I was “alone.” Now that Ryan and I are together I find myself throwing pity parties whenever he’s away.

5.) Ryan and I both have nieces named Kyndal/Kendal, although not spelled the same it is nationally a more popular name for boys.

6.) Sometimes I’m ashamed of my generation in how little they know about what’s going on in the world, you know outside of facebook and partying.

7.) I often find myself relating things I run out of or need to buy to time passing. For example, about a week after Ryan was gone I ran out of coffee creamer and was bummed because the one I had used up was the last one Ry used. Today I bought dog food and was a little excited that it would be the same bag of dog food when Ry gets home…. Weird I know!

8.) Go Big Red! In 2002 I was a cheerleader for the Estancia Eagles and Ryan was a cheerleader for the Otterbein Cardinals. I was a freshman in high school..... he was a freshman in college. And Yes we have tried to partner stunt together...... it doesnt work, we just start laughing.

9.) Petco lady: (upon seeing my USMC hoodie) “Isn’t it weird for you knowing your husband has killed people?”
Me: ……. (crickets) I didn’t even know how to respond!

10.) Awhile ago we discovered that Ryan is allergic to acai (or it just makes him throw up) Well I bought a case of Vitamin Waters and I’ve made sure to drink all the acai ones first so there is no chance Ry will once he’s home.

11.) Did you know there are food banks on Camp Pendleton? Even worse… Every Marine Corps family I know with kids has to use them. That angers me… just sayin.


To all you cute mushy in love people, enjoy your Valentines Day!
To all the "free birds" im sorry this holiday is so horrible...


SA&LC,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment